At Perm-O-Green, we know that Autumn isn’t called “fall” for no reason. As many people already know, this season’s nickname comes from the course nature takes. During this time of year, the leaves of trees that were once green begin to turn different shades of red, orange, yellow, or brown before they completely die and fall from trees.
While many admire this time of year for the array of colors the fall weather brings, your lawn may despise this season. Why? Leaves can actually kill your grass if they prevent the soil and roots from absorbing nutrients, water, or fertilizers.
Additionally, piles of leaves on your lawn can cause the following negative effects:
- The leaves can reduce the amount of sunlight the lawn receives.
- Leaf piles can prevent proper air circulation.
- If leaves prevent water evaporation, mold can grow, causing more harm to your grass.
- If leaves are not cleared, they can cause your grass to grow weaker.
- If piles of leaves are not removed, your grass can suffer early spring or winter diseases, including Brown Patch, Zoysia Patch, Dollar Spot, and Pythium, Blight.
How Can You Prevent Leaf Damage on Your Lawn?
The best way to prevent leaf damage on your grass is by removing the leaves right away.To do so, you can use a variety of methods, including the following:
- Use a leaf blower and bag them. Gathering leaves using a leaf blower can be much more efficient than using a rake. However, keep in mind that you will still need to remove the leaves and place them in a bag so they cannot blow back onto your lawn.
- Mow the leaves and bag them. If there are a lot of leaves on the lawn, you may want to mow the leaves instead. This can allow you to cut the grass and remove leaves all at once. It is important you remove the chopped leaves after mowing by collecting them and placing them in a bag. If you mow the leaves and leave them where they are, they can still suffocate your lawn.
Need Help Achieving a Beautiful Lawn? Call Us Today!
At Perm-O-Green, our team is committed to helping you achieve the best-looking lawn in the neighborhood. Whether you are interested in weed-control services, achieving a greener lawn, or have considered year-round maintenance, we encourage you to get in touch with us today. When you choose to work with Perm-O-Green, we promise to deliver top-tier services every visit. Don’t wait to get the lawn you have always wanted.
Contact us today. The grass can be greener on your side of the fence!